Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Behind-The-Scenes Black Cherries photos

Karen Hsiao sent over some beautiful Behind-the-Scenes iPhone pix tonight from her recent photo shoot featuring model Brittany Bao. It's all part of the massive ongoing "Black Cherries" series of images we've been working on together for over a year now. 
It's really inspiring to work with an artist like Karen, as she has this incredible energy, and endless creativity. I don't know how she gets so much done... but she does. 
We have discussions about the next phase of our collaboration, and it's so different - visually, thematically. It's evolving. The ideas just flow, and I just try to take notes and keep up. I can't wait for you to see it, but at this point it is probably a year or so away from being real. 
 There is so much involved in creating an image from scratch. It just makes me appreciate all the quality images I see, when I know how much discussion, planning, coordination and work go into realizing a unique picture you may have seen first only in your mind's eye. 
Check out Karen's blog for the complete set of images.

2 comments: