Thursday, May 9, 2013

New Original art by Michael Manning

Michael Manning just announced some beautiful new drawings for sale on his website... I love his stuff so much. If you don't know his work, you need to do yourself a favor and check it out. His Hydrophidian and Spider Garden are classic works, just treasures of illustrated fantasy erotica. 

I closely studied his style years ago when I was trying to find my own way of inking black and white line art. When you've struggled to master a skill like that for a long time (as I have), it really makes you appreciate someone who has mastered the art. His ability to create these fantasy beings and scenarios is second to none. I would love to live in the world of his imagination for just one day.


The symmetrical piece above reminds me of a drawing I almost purchased a couple of years ago (someone else just barely beat me to it), Conjoint: 

Check out more work on Michael Manning's website here, and follow his blog here

5/15 update: looks like both of the works referenced above have been sold! Congrats to Michael Manning, and to the new owners of the original art. 


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. MM, I knew you'd love his stuff too... So imaginative and sexy.

      Delete
  2. YES!

    i'm pretty sure he was one of my first introductions to this kind of art. i remember reading a bunch of things (transceptor, i guess?) that had really hard ponygirl art that really made me...
    um...sit and think about things. :-P

    i'd love to buy some of that, but wow...that's out of sammy's price range. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sammy, the books he did are all so worth getting if you can track them down... Don't get me started on the pony girls in Tranceptor... so sexy. Definitely made me want a pony of my own.

      I know his original art can be expensive, but he also sells prints at different sizes - and they can be pretty reasonable.

      Delete